Barbara Riegel, PhD, RN, FAAN, FAHA
Joyce Wald, D.O.
Deb Gordan, MSS LCSW
Clinical Support Specialist
Jenna Garo, BSN RN
Austin Matus, BSN RN
PhD Student @ Penn
• Feeling Stressed or Having Difficulty Coping?
• Caregiving for loved ones with Heart Failure is demanding and stressful!
• Our project is designed to encourage caregivers to improve their self-care and decrease their stress.
• Learn more about participating in a virtual health coaching intervention and support that provides access to health information resources.
• We are enrolling 250 informal caregivers of patients with heart failure within the University of Pennsylvania Health System.
• These caregivers include friends, spouses, children, etc. Patients are also eligible to join along with their caregiver.
• Completion of screening and enrollment process done virtually, over the phone
• Random Assignment to intervention group:
(Health Information) or (Health Information + Health Coaching)
• 10 virtual health coach sessions (Health Coaching group.)
• Brief follow-up surveys at 3,6,9,12 months
• Caregivers will receive a total of $200 on a ClinCard;
• $25 at completion of enrollment,
• $25 for completion of each follow-up (3,6, and 9 months)
• $100 for completion of 12-month follow-up